By Edward Woods, Rudy Coppieters
For the 1st time A Communicative Grammar of English may have an accompanying workbook. The workbook can help make larger use of CGE via supplying possibilities for perform and discussion.
Read or Download A Workbook to Communicative Grammar of English PDF
Similar english as a second language books
English Grammar in Use was once written as a self-study grammar e-book yet lecturers can also locate it worthwhile as extra path fabric in circumstances the place extra paintings on grammar is important. The e-book can be most beneficial at heart- and upper-intermediate degrees (where all or the majority of the fabric could be relevant), and will serve either as a foundation for revision and as a way for working towards new buildings.
This ebook comprehensively covers the recent legislations complex Subsidiary syllabuses of the top analyzing forums. This 3rd variation replaces Lecture Notes on a degree legislations Paper I,incorporating the entire alterations for the hot examinations and bringing the criminal concerns inside of it into the twenty first century. all of the major parts within the booklet are handled in a fascinating and stimulating method, as a way to motivate scholars to development from this point and extra strengthen their wisdom and knowing of legislations and the way it operates in society.
An ELBS/LPBB variation is out there.
Applicable for either training lecturers and scholars enrolled in Masters measure courses in TESOL and utilized Linguistics, utilizing Corpora within the school room is designed to aid academics convey the assets of corpora and hands-on studying with actual fabrics into the language lecture room. This available and cutting edge ebook presents history and principled directions for developing corpora and a number of fabrics and actions to handle particular classification wishes, in addition to certain examples of corpus-based actions and fabrics together with case stories.
- Discussions A-Z Advanced: A Resource Book of Speaking Activities
- Vocabulary, Semantics and Language Education
- Cambridge IELTS 4 Student's Book with Answers: Examination papers from University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations
- New Headway: Beginner: Student's Book (New Headway English Course)
Additional resources for A Workbook to Communicative Grammar of English
3. The proliferation of biological weapons c. with their status because they felt exploited. 4. The authorities are concerned d. at my naïve belief in a better world. 5. We were overjoyed e. that we were not informed earlier. 6. The investigators were astonished f. to learn that he had been turned down. 7. Some secretaries were dissatisfied g. is really frightening. 8. To some observers, it was surprising h. that I should feel perfectly at home. 9. The philosopher smiled i. with me for not having invited her.
3. I don’t want to spend ALL my dollars. 4. How many passengers survived the plane crash? 5. You’ve seen some of these films before? 6. George Stephenson was the inventor of the steam engine. 7. In terms of profitability, the current year has been quite exceptional. 8. Why didn’t you turn up at the meeting, because you had overslept again? 9. Technically speaking, these devices are extremely sophisticated. 10. If you haven’t got enough time now, you can write those letters tomorrow. 11. Edith may not be a very good cook, she knows at least how to appreciate good food.
I can see it in your face. You don’t remember meeting me, ……………? 8. The bank wouldn’t lend them the money, ……………? 9. I am coming with you, ……………? 10. We’ll meet again next week to discuss this further, ……………? Task two * Complete the sentences below by adding what has been omitted through initial ellipsis. 1. Quite a comic, isn’t he? 2. Sound like my mother, don’t I? 3. Very difficult, isn’t it? 4. Something to do with a strike, wasn’t it? 5. Not coming with us, are you? 6. Didn’t believe all that nonsense, did you?
A Workbook to Communicative Grammar of English by Edward Woods, Rudy Coppieters